You will be qualified as an Appointed Person for three years, have the ability to use
a first aid kit, provide reassurance and otherwise assist in emergencies and have an understanding of relevant health and safety regulations and the principles of record keeping.
What’s covered on this course?
- Responsibilities of employers and nominated persons
- Simple record keeping
- The principles of first aid (incident management)
- Managing an unconscious casualty
- Treating and controlling bleeding
- Treating shock
- Personal hygiene and cross infection when treating wounds
This course is assessed through practical demonstration and oral questioning. There is no exam.
This is a one day course run from 09:00–17:00 (see full timetable). Certification requires 100% attendance.
Who should attend?
Appointed Persons in the workplace with responsibility for safety of colleagues in the event of accident or other emergency, often in support of qualified First Aiders. Learners must be 16 years of age.
- HABC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF): £49 per person.
- This course is also available FREE to Job Seekers / Unemployed. Please ask for details.
- Click here to reserve your place on this course.